Stress is not limited to work – it is about your whole life situation.
It all connects – body – mind – soul! So you have to find balance between these parts. Easiest way is to look at the Wheel of Life –
My version is divided into 8 pieces. It is a list of different things that together build a picture of your whole life. It is like taking a look at the situation from a helicopter view. These are things for your personal wellbeing and they make the foundation for your good work as business professional.
● Health – am I taking care of my body and mind? What do I need to change? Do I need help?
● Family/close relations – do I have a network? Can I ask for help? Are there even persons I should stop seeing – that are not good for me?
● Love – Do I have real close relations? Can they help me?
● Work – Things to change?
● Free time / fun – Do I have free time? How do I use it?
● Personal development – Am I stuck in old patterns?
● Physical surrounding – What kind of environment do I want to live in?
● Money – My economic situation? Do I need help?
You can grade your pieces in this “pie” from 0 to 10. Which piece did get the lowest grades? Those are probably the ones you need to work with first.
Make a list for each piece what needs to be done to live your good life. Then make a priority on what is most important to you – and would have the greatest impact on your wellbeing. BOOM – that is where you start! Taking one of the eight roads.
What is your weakest spot? Do you know what to do? If not I suggest you get help to get you going – because you are the only one that can change your life and if you don’t start no change will come. It is as simple as that.
The following weeks I will continue talking about the wheel of Life. We will go through each piece one by one. The health piece is also dived into 5 separate subject; physical activity, food, sleep, stress and substance use.
Please comment below. I´d love to hear your opinion on this. How do you find your weak spots? What are they and what do you do about it?
Until next week – keep smiling!